If interested in participating, have questions, or if you need any KDDC parent information,
please contact the PTO at:
PTO Board: Bridget Golden, Sarah O’Leary, Anna Phillips, and Anita Rives
Shop our online Spirit Store for all the latest in KDDC gear.
How can YOU get involved?
- Please consider making a $10 donation per familyto help fund the PTO. We are a 501(c)3 and greatly appreciate your tax-deductible donation. You can send a check, made payable to KDDC PTO, to the school OR donation online at https://knox-doss-middle-school-pto.square.site/
- Kroger Community Rewards- Register at www.kroger.com/communityrewards and select Knox Doss Middle School PTO as your designated partner.
- Publix Partners- Sign up for a www.Publix.com account, click Publix Partners, and select Knox Doss.
- Papa John's- on the second Wednesday of each month, order pizza from Papa John's on Indian Lake Blvd (phone 615-824-1000, via website or app) and use promo code KNOXDOSS For each order, 20% goes to our PTO. It's simple!
- We will share volunteer opportunitiesthroughout the year via www.facebook.com/KnoxDoss, the remind app (Sign up by texting @kddcpto to 81010), and communications from Mr. Flood.
2019-20 Accomplishments and how we spent funds
- To get ready for back to school, we provided updated landscaping, trimming, and mulch ($1,550) for our school.
- We updated the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teacher work areas with furniture, rugs, an ice maker, refrigerators, and artwork. Teachers utilize these spaces for breaks, lunch, and planning periods.
- Provided funds for scholarship to the 8th grade Washington, DC trip.
- Coordinated the t-shirt sales for the "pink out game" with TW Hunter with all proceeds going to the After Breast Cancer (ABC) program at the YMCA. We have donated over $1,800 to this program!
- Coordinated a school-wide supply drive for teachers in January. Thanks to donations from parents, we provided all teachers with a “goodie bag” containing disinfecting wipes, highlighters, disinfecting spray, dry erase markers, hand sanitizer, tissues, and pens.
- Supported music programs with support for speaker and lighting purchases for band and choral programs.
- Coordinated and provided supplies for ELA writing appreciation activity prior to winter break.
- Coordinated and funded all teacher appreciation activities including coffee bars, meals, and snacks. Since we couldn’t appreciate our teachers “in person” during Teacher Appreciation Week due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we provided each teacher and teacher assistant with an Amazon gift card.
updated 9/2/2020 jlusk